Whenever we enter a house, the first thing we all observe is the floor, and renovating your home in Hong Kong with European wood flooring is one of the simplest ways to make a difference. And the wooden floor maintenance requires an expert. All this can be achieved by a perfectionist who excels in an engineered wooden floor.
The most famous type of wooden flooring is the one done with timber. Now the question arises, what type of timber wood?
Then the answer is oak; it is recommended due to its strength and stability.
Characteristics of the oak timber flooring
- It is light in color, and with the help of some unique surface treatments, the colors can be modified from light to medium.
- Durable grain is available with both brushed and hands caped surfaces.
- It helps in maintaining a clean, minimal Nordic interior style.
- They are of high density & with good stability for under-floor heating.
Why choose engineered flooring over solid wood flooring?
The main difference that lies is only the number of layers. Engineered board is made up of 9 layers of plywood backing. Moreover, they can withstand humidity as Hong Kong tends to have high humid weather that may destroy solid wood flooring.
How can you maintain your wooden floors?
- Install a good doormat for your floor to avoid unwanted gravel and sand
- Avoid using equipment that can scratch your floor.
- Mopping the floor should be done with a damp cloth, not a wet one.
- Keep your floor dry always; you can use a vacuum cleaner.